Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Bedroom

Granted, this is not a horrible green at all.  But it was done sloppily (see the green on the baseboards?) to cover up the black that was underneath.  This used to be a teenage boy's bedroom ;).

I knew I wanted to do a soft, warm dove grey in here to go with the buttery yellow bed frame (coming up!).  I had this color all picked out, and it was called "Fog" which I thought was lovely.  Of course, we used Acro Pure no VOC paint for the entire house, and as it's a Miller paint Fredmeyer wouldn't do a color match for me.  So I had to pick from Miller paint chips only, and the perfect grey turned out to be called "Place of Dust" which is so not lovely sounding.

Ah well.  I think it's lovely LOOKING anyway.
So, here's the BEFORE. . .
And above: the AFTER
What do you think?  Ignore the partially disassembled protruding light fixture of hideousness on the ceiling.

4 comments:

  1. It took me a long time (and a lot of looking through early-2000s, beige-wall-heavy decorating magazines) to realize that I love a grey wall. This is such a soothing color for your bedroom And I'd still think of it as fog if I were you...oh, how unreasonably swayed I am by a good--or bad--paint title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the shade of grey I was looking for several months ago. Unfortunately, for me, I bought a shade too dark and now I can't convince my husband to help me change it.

    Again, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! It looks like it has a bit of pink in it too. I wonder what window treatments you are going to use? I have the most trouble with that. I wish I lived on a farm and didn't need curtains to block the neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks N! I ended up going with some curtains I found at target - you can see them in the "I Buttered the Bed" post here if you like: http://theorangedoorcottage.blogspot.com/2010/06/i-buttered-bed.html

    ReplyDelete