Monday, June 21, 2010

Farmhouse Retro

The dining nook is far from done. . .


but it looks a heck of a lot better than it DID. . .
My style is constantly frustrating my family members.  My brother, especially.  He says I'm really hard to shop for.  I think I'm easy to shop for, but whatever.

Here's the thing.
Originally I'd been thinking it'd be awesome to buy a 1950s home and do it all up in the mid-century style I love.  We even had an offer in on one that was a foreclosure, but the bank flat out denied it (even though we KNOW it was higher than the other two offers it had). 

Instead, we found this super sweet farmhouse.  The original portion of it is from 1875, and it's been added onto and remodeled.  There isn't a single ceiling in this place that's the same height, and I actually love that.  And it's working with my style, because I'm not strictly mid-century at ALL.  I love peeling-paint-cottage charm thrown in.  I love a rolled-arm, nail-head trim chair next to a 50s click-back sofa.  Yum.

So I'll just tell my brother that my style is simple.  It's Farmhouse Retro.  That's not vague at all, right?  And it's not like I say I hate something one year and then completely change my mind the next!  Oh, wait. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment