Thursday, June 17, 2010

Hurricane McSpaña

So, here's the current state of affairs.
It's not pretty.

The kitchen looks like this. . .

Because the hallway looks like this. . .
And the hallway looks like that, because the living-room looks like this. . .

And EVERYTHING (except the bedroom) looks bad because of THIS. . .


THAT, internet, is the future office of España Photography and I currently hate it.  We didn't have time to get it painted before we moved in and it's gross so I'm not working in there yet.

You can't tell from the photo but it has this weird faux stucco texture on the walls. . . done badly.  I had hoped to get them all smoothed out and purdy before setting up shop in there.  But I had a contractor come in day before yesterday to do an estimate: $550 buckaroos.  OW.  Unfortunately we have to spend that money on REALLY FUN things, like getting our gorgeous maple tree removed so it doesn't eat the house (more on that later).

Long story short, I'm going to paint over the whole thing to at least get rid of that weird blue color, and then I'm hoping I won't notice the "stucco" anymore.  Or the 3 or 4 other paint colors peeking out around the trim (also a teenage boy's bedroom, coincidentally).

As of today, I have worked all day, every day from about 7:30am to 10pm at night with hour breaks for lunch and dinner, for 18 days.  I have to say though, the kitchen and living-room and hallway look a heck of a lot better than they DID.

Internet, I'm beat.
I have a gazillion things to do, but I'm working (wedding gig, etc.) all weekend, and I am getting out of the house today.  I'll probably end up at Goodwill.  Because we clearly don't have enough stuff in here.

2 comments:

  1. Nooo!!!

    Don't cut down the tree!!!

    :(


    (i actually get weepy when people have to cut down trees in their yards...even if it's for a good reason)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh BELIEVE me I'm totally bawling over the fact we have to cut down the maple tree in the back :-(. Sooo sad!

    ReplyDelete