Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I buttered the bed,

Now we're sleeping in it.
Har-har.

Here's the original Craigslist find.  No offense if you like white+brass bed frames.  I find them cheesy.  I liked the shape of this one enough though to purchase it and go through the trouble of painting it yellow. 

Boy is it ever hard to find a decent yellow in a spray paint.  Unless you want something really really YELLOW, you're better off going with something in the green or blue department.  I am picky about my yellows, and thankfully I ended up finding Rust-Oleum's "Summer Squash" yellow in their American Accents collection.  And THIS little spray-paint handy helper is a lifesaver.

So, here's the frame before. . .



And here it is AFTER. . .

Much better, eh?
I haven't painted the night tables yet.  Don't look at those.  Look at the pretty buttery yellow bed frame.  And the pretty can't-believe-how-perfect-it-matches bedspread our friends Bryan+Leah gave to us as a housewarming gift (it's from Target, as are the curtains).

5 comments:

  1. Oh Heather, Oh Heather....SWOONING over the perfect yellow. Our bedroom is grey walls, pale yellow, orange and celery green....so I am 100% with you on the love nest decor and color scheme. TOTALLY inspired by your spray paint and YES...the spray paint adaptor is GENIUS...no more numb thumb and pointer finger. Keep the B/A coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the most yummy looking bed frame I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love just saying buttery yellow bed frame. :-)
    Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted a bed frame like this but everyone that I found was white and brass... I never considered painting it! Thanks for the inspiration, I looooove the yellow too.

    ReplyDelete