Tuesday, June 8, 2010

OW

See that lamp shade hanging down there?   It's made of extraordinarily thick glass.  Coincidentally, when you hit your head on it, it hurts like crap.

See my brother lying on the floor their holding his head?  Yeah, he totally ran into that lamp about 7 times.  I couldn't help laughing.  Then later that night, I was painting the very same dining nook alone.  Totally whacked myself in the head with that lamp three times.  I did not laugh then.

On a more positive note, we have made a heck of a dent in the pre-move-in To Do list!  That's more impressive if you've seen the to-do list, but imagine it as about the size of a smallish novel.  A smallish novel that requires you to paint until your head falls off.

That deep, dark red in the living-room and hallway? Gone.  It's now a breath of fresh, white air.  Same with the dingy beige-ish color in the kitchen.  Bedroom's done, and my husband's office is almost done.

We're still hoping to move in this Saturday. . . which means I need to go clean old moldy caulk off the bathtub.

Sweet dreams!

2 comments:

  1. Oooo I love the flooring in that pic! It's very "you". :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tessa! I was pretty stoked that was something that was already there, not another thing to do ;).

    ReplyDelete