Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Score! Mid-Century Coffee Table

We are very excited that we will actually have the space and need for a coffee table.

If I had thousands of dollars, I would not have minded a noguchi coffee table.  They're so sexy.  And hey, the shipping is free!  Heh.

In general, I try to subscribe to the Brick House $100 limit when it comes to thrifting.  And the further UNDER that limit the item is, the better.  If it's something I've been looking for for a loooooong time and have been saving up for, I might pay a wee bit more (like my vintage click-back sofa -- ha! Funny side-note: that actually IS the sofa I purchased on Craigslist in the photo.  I didn't know the guy had his own blog, and I just found it by doing a Google search for vintage click-back sofa!).

Anyway, back to the coffee table.  I ended up finding this slightly beat-up but authentic mid-century bean of a coffee table on Craigslist for $75.  Not too shabby considering it's awesomeness.  I'm going to give it some TLC and it'll look like a shiny new kidney.  The man and I also love that it doesn't have any sharp corners, so when our friends with kiddos come over there's less they can injure themselves on.

Here it is.  It has great legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment