Friday, June 18, 2010

Score!

Yesterday was one of my first times OUT of Orange Door Cottage in a couple of weeks.  I can't unpack anything else until the studio is done, and I can't paint the studio until Monday.  So, I went thrifting.  Ah, thrifting.  My computer thinks that isn't a word, but it is so!  Hang on while I "learn it" in the compu-dictionary. . .

Okey-Dokey (which apparently isn't word either).

When you have my freakishly weird taste and my munchkin-sized budget, you spend a LOT of time on craigslist.  I'll frequently do searches with the "max" amount set on like 50 bucks so that I don't get so upset when I see an original Eames Lounger I can't have because it will cost us our firstborn.

All that to say, I have been looking for a 1960s Arc Lamp for years but have refused to pay hundreds or even thousands of dollars for one.  Yesterday, I scored one for $50.  Thank you craigslist!  It needs a little bit of clean-up, but it's a beauty.  Thankfully the man likes it too.
I have a feeling when we have to cut down our big maple tree that the summers here are going to be pretty toasty.  We don't have air conditioning, we have one ceiling fan (which I hate), and I despise cheapo plastic fans that break after one season.  So, when we were in the process of buying this house, I decided I start a little collection of vintage metal fans.  I started checking on ebay, and found a bunch but at $50+ I couldn't just start buying fans left and right.  Yesterday, I found this little (working!) General Electric beauty at the McMinnville Goodwill for $14.99.  SCORE!

1 comment:

  1. Wow I am so jealous of that fan! I want to go thrifting Right Now.

    ReplyDelete