Saturday, July 24, 2010

Sunny Bedroom

Our bedroom is on the West side of the house, so the light doesn't get really good until about 8pm and then it only lasts a short while.  That's actually a good thing, sleeping-wise.  But I love the way the light looks this time of evening. . .
We moved our antique dresser to the right of the bed (it was sitting weirdly in the living-room before that).  It's a little high for a bedside surface, but I actually like the way it looks and it seems to be working out just fine.

I'm loving the yellow bed frame, especially compared to what it was BEFORE.  And that's the same blanket we had before, but it's reversible.  Reversible blankets are sexy.  The little bit of embroidery on the window was a gift from my friend Leah, and I found the vintage pillowcases at Goodwill in Seattle.  Yes, I do buy secondhand bed linens.  I draw the line at underwear though.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. PLEASE take a billion pictures of your bedroom! I'm currently in the process of redoing our master in greens, bright yellows, and greys. This is the first similarly colored room that doesn't look like a circus threw up! Love love love it!!
    Come follow me at kilwifey.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A billion, eh? I'll do my best ;). I'm off to check out your blog. . . thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete