Monday, September 20, 2010

New Kitchen Sink Light

I hope to blog more regularly here this fall and winter when I actually have time!  Things have been crazy busy with work, so I haven't been able to post the little things I've been doing around the house.  We're slowly replacing the light fixtures.

I'm kicking myself because I can't find the iPhone "before" shot of the kitchen sink light.  Let me just say, it was a teeny tiny super old ugly thing that looked totally out of place up there.  After my whole light fixture fiasco, I finally decided to go with a FADO light from IKEA.  Not what I had originally pictured, but I like it a lot.

Look! Here it is off. . . and on.  Ta-da!

A note on the FADO design: I wasn't sure at first.  I thought it might be a little flimsy, but upon installing it I'm a huge fan.  Our house has really old wiring, so the wires in the electrical boxes are pretty stiff and hard to bend properly to fit inside.  I like the FADO design because you don't have to try to cram all your wires back up into the ceiling -- they just fold up nicely inside the ceiling attachment.

We also got an inexpensive medallion from "Home Cheapo" (as my dad says) because the fixture wasn't bigger than the hole in our ceiling.  It's plastic and gross-feeling, but it's pure white (which matches our paint) and once it's up it looks all special and not tacky.  Hooray.

No comments:

Post a Comment