Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Dollhouse Wall | Before

At last I'm actually showing it to you!  These are the "before" pictures.  I don't have any "afters" yet -- those are going to involve buying paint.

Anyway, here we go. . .



That, dear readers, is my childhood dollhouse that my mom built.
Cue "awe."
I got a bazillion imagination miles out of this thing when I was younger, and now it's going to get even more!  It was all set up to play Little House on the Prairie.  Mom even made a stable [which used to be on the left side], a well, and old-fashioned dresses for all the dolls.  Pretty spiffy, eh?

With well-wishings from the creator of the dollhouse, it's going to be getting a face-lift soon.  A good sanding, some fresh white paint, the "foundation" finished off with some nice trim, and so on.

THEN, it very possibly might be moving into the bedroom. . . I'm not sure yet.
Another thing you might notice is that the orange chair has moved from here:
to the dollhouse wall.
Why, you ask?  Well, remember all the work I did on this side of the room?
It's going bye-bye.  Sorry!  It's not because I don't like it.  I do.  I just realized it would be much better for my business if I have that wall set up as small studio to provide headshots, etc.  So now I'm selling that desk [does anyone want it?] and moving everything off the walls, etc. 

I'm slowly making my way through the Interior To-Do list.
And now I've shown you the unfinished dollhouse wall!  Gulp.  I better get busy. . . someday in the not too distant future the dollhouse wall and the crafty-turned-studio-wall should be more on par with the rest of the room.

3 comments:

  1. I just found your blog on the Office Stylist and I went through the whole thing. I'm loving the mid century accents throughout your house. I've been trying to incorporate some into some into my house. Love the orange door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just found your blog through the most random of google searches (trying to find the photo from blogger templates of an orange door) -- that dollhouse just sparked my imagination in the most wonderful of ways. so glad i found you & hope you do return here someday! --susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you two! I appreciate that so much :). It's difficult to keep up this blog while running my photography business, but I enjoy it so much I'm hoping at least blog in the late fall and winter.

    ReplyDelete